Wednesday, August 13, 2008

2 step Butterfly with Words


This card just happened. I was stamping out my 2 step butterfly with the idea I was going to emboss the overlay, then realised that was not going to happen the way I was imagining. Next thing I could see words behind the butterfly and thought I should stamp the script background over the butterfly. I used a post it note and traced around the stamped image, cut it out, and then put the cut out on the stamped image. I then inked up the script Background stamp and stamped it over the top of the butterfly image (with the post it note still over the top). Finally I removed the cut up post it note. I think it turned out rather well.


I have used a scrap piece of white card for the butterfly and word images. The ink I have used for the butterfly base is........ The butterfly outline is done in........... Finally, the script background stamp was inked in Distress Ink Walnut Stain. A piece of Parakeet Bazzill is used behind the white scrap piece and a piece of timber/cream mini gingham is wrapped around the white stamped paper. I have used a piece of mahogany A5 card available in the castaway card pk.

No comments: