Monday, March 9, 2009

BLOG WARS DAY 1 - DISTRESS WEEK

This weeks blog wars is concentrating on Distressing/Distress Inks (one of my favourite products).  

To make the background for this card, I crumpled, carefully the front page.  Flattened it back out as much as possible and then laid it between some heavy books, to make it go back to its original shape.  With the Distress Ink - in Walnut Stain, i rubbed using the pad over the card to hightlight the stressed marks in the card.  Using a piece of Hydra sponge I gently dabbed, Distress Ink - Shabby Shutters, Tattered Rose and Tea Dye.  The Tattered Rose was done extremely gently - as this is a pale pink colour and I did not want it to dominate in anyway.  I just wanted to colour the white card, to make the Tea Dye look a little more aged.  Green Tea Bazzill has been used to highlight/matte the Train image and to make a border down the left handside.  Java Bazzill is down the centre of the Green Tea on the left.  It has also been used to matte the Train image and the Happy Birthday image.  A white gel pen has been used to make the lines in the Java Bazzill on the left and is used again around the border of the Train image.  Finally Copper brads were used to highlight the Happy Birthday Image.  Distress Ink - Walnut stain has been used to ink both the Train and Happy Birthday Images.

3 comments:

Tina said...

Love this card!! I have just ordered the train stamp, as I have a "train buff" friend turning 40. Your card has given me inspiration to create his birthday card. Cheers, Tina

Joanne said...

wow what a great card for a male..You did a great job.

Lauren Colless said...

Oh I love it! And sorry Alicia, your blog is linked now!!