Thursday, September 18, 2008

Cuttlebug



Okay, I know Kaszazz has nothing to do with either but I do own them and it was sometime before I joined Kaszazz that I purchased them. With the Craft Fair coming up, I thought this would be a great opportunity to get rid of some of my old papers (that aren't Kaszazz) and play with my cuttlebug and cricut again. For those of you who do not know what either are, the Cuttlebug is a diecut and embossing machine. It is hand operated by a handle. It is such a simple gadget use. I do not own any die cut bits, for it, as that is what I use my cricut for. To emboss you just need an embossing folder, paper placed in the centre of the folder and some mats designed for the machine. Then you just roll through. Embossing done. This card is made using the Paisley design folder. The cakes are cut with the cricut. I have once again used alumium foil for the embossing (found in most kitchens). I have learnt with practice, it is best to layer your foil with a little glue (stick) in the middle of the layers. Usually three layers is good. This helps to stop the aluminium foil ripping/tearing. Mounted the foil onto red crimson card, with glue stick. The red card is mounted on to white A5 card using super tape. White organdy ribbon is wrapped around the foil and stuck with a little bit of super tape. I have used Lucy stamps mini messages for the congratulations. This was stamped using crafters black ink.

No comments: